Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Color Organization

Well, as promised, here are photos of my color organization bins. There was a thread on Splitcoast Stampers that started this process. There was a link in that thread to Stacy Julian's blog too and that was when I just dove in head first and started sorting. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this system. Because its how I Papercraft, it works like a champ!
Here is my bin "tower". The cube system (I think its in the closet section) and bins were purchased at Target.


Here is how each bin looks, for the most part. My white, black, and brown bins are overflowing. And I already purged so I'll just have to actually USE the stuff now, LOL!

Inside each bin are 3 glass jars. The big one holds all loose ribbon. The medium jar holds odds and ends that I don't want floating around in the bottom of the bin. Most of it is metal and there are some tags and such in there as well. And the small glass jar holds buttons.

The rest of the items are just kind of shoved in there. All flowers are in a ziplock baggie. And Brads and eyelets are in a small disposable plastic container. If the item is in the green bin, that means that the majority of its color (if not all) is green. I try to keep the long flat packages all to the right and the jars and misc stuff to the left of each bin.

I do seperate packages of things if there are multiple colors. That was the biggest hurdle I had to jump. But once I started and saw how this was going to work, it made it OK for my brain to handle.
TFL
Mel

No comments: